My mother in law is 75 years old having a pacemaker installed in her heart. She had to take off her hearing aid device since the cardiologist said the electromagnetic signals will interfere with the working of pacemaker. Can pacemaker and hearing aid both co-exist if the hearing aid battery is kept at a distance of more than 6 inches from the place of pacemaker installed. If yes then which hearing aid to be purchased. Request to reply.

My mother in law is 75 years old having a pacemaker insta...
Pace makers had magnetic circuits which activated due to electoral magnetic radiation. Latest ones are electronic. A distance of 6" or 150 mm is scientifically proved to cause least or no interference with a pace maker device. Phonak my link loop placed over opposite shoulder or at a distance would be advisable. However, less research is done in this area due to rare incidence of hearing aid studies in cardiac patients with pace makers. Please consult phonak web site for assistance reg Neck loop system and my link. It's just a reference as per electo cardiology journal and research work done by phonak. I am not promoting any brand of hearing devices. Good luck with hearing help to your mother.