My nephew is 2 years old and his mom still serves khichdi 2 times daily that too highly boiled /cooked with 8 to 10 whistle in cooker. Is it recommended? What could be side effects? What food can be served to 2 years old child? What should be his ideal diet except breastfeeding? thank in advance.

My nephew is 2 years old and his mom still serves khichdi...
AT THE AGE OF 1 YEAR, BABY'S DIGESTIVE TRACK IS READY TO DIGEST WHAT ADULTS COULD. IF THE MOTHER IS ANXIOUS ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE CHILD, YOU CAN COUNSEL HER THAT IT IS OK TO FEED HER EVERYTHING SHE EATS. YOU CAN START WITH A NEW FOOD AND TRY IT FOR 15 DAYS. BECAUSE KIDS TAKE TIME TO DEVELOP THE TASTE. YOU CAN START WITH BOILED SPROUTS, VERY RICH SOURCE OF CALCIUM AND OTHER MICRO NUTRIENTS.
A 2 years child can be fed everything. Overcooking destroys /decreases nutrients in food.
Every type of food cooked in kitchen can be given to him of his choice including milk or its product. Khichadi can bbe given but should not be forced. variety of food make the child happy.
There is no harm in giving Khichdi to 2 year old and he should be given all homemade foods.