7 years back I hurt my front tooth. 3 years back I dropped my mobile phone on the gums of the same tooth. Slowly the tooth color changed. One month back pain started in the root of the same tooth. I've taken an x-ray, the abscess appear to be spreading to the root of next tooth. Can this be treated without disturbing the shape of my tooth from outside?

7 years back I hurt my front tooth.
3 years back I droppe...
If the Xray shows an abscess formation in the tip of the root then it is best to undetgo a Root Canal Treatment to save the tooth and prevent further infection After RCT procedure the dentist will put a crown on the tooth.
7 years back I hurt my front tooth.
3 years back I droppe...
Hello lybrate-user yes this can be treated without disturbing the shape of your teeth but if there is slight discoloration of the tooth then we may have to do a veneer on top of it to make it look even better.
7 years back I hurt my front tooth.
3 years back I droppe...
In such a case , Root canal treatment is the only option.Please do it as soon as possible before the infection spreads. After RCT or root canal treatment the tooth will become weka and may break. So it is necessary to reduce the size of the tooth and place a cap on top of it. So the shape of the tooth will have to be altered , but you can use a cap which resembles the natural tooth as much as possible. The only other option will be removing the tooth completely. So at least you can save some of the natural tooth structure by doing an RCT.