My mother is 76 years old and has no health problems. She says her gums bleed only at night times. She is forced to get up to rinse her mouth at least once during the night disturbing her sleep. During the day she has no problem. What could the reason be for this?

My mother is 76 years old and has no health problems. She...
Get scaling polishing done by a dentist than brush twice daily especially at night massage gums.
Hello, Bleeding from gums could be because of deposits on your teeth or food lodged in your teeth. Visit a dentist get your scaling and polishing done. Brush twice daily, maintain proper brushing technique, floss regularly and rinse after every meal. Visit your dentist every 6 months.
During day time she might has bleeding gums but she used to swallow along with saliva. But in night she accumulates both in mouth and need to spit out at night time. Now what I feel that you should visit dentist and get professional cleaning done with some medications.