My nephew, 4 yrs, suffering from measles for the first time since 1 week, and now doctors said measles virus has affected brain, he is not even seeing just sleeping, after admitted in hospital, he was getting fits 1 day and next day it stopped and he is shivering for half minute, fever which stopped again started 102 degree, reports are normal, CT scan is normal, bt in MRI it showed as measles virus affected brain, there is no improvement in him since admitted in hospital except only rashes and fits, what it could be, and how much time will it take for him to recover and will there be any complications in the future.

It is expected that he must have been vaccinated including measles at proper schedule time therefore there is very remote chance to contract measles. Anyway, once any viral infection effects brain it is unpredictable to assess time of outcome. It is obvious that he is under care of expert in the field. I suggest to trust and discuss with treating doctors.