Hi, I am 23 years old. My average heartbeat 85-105 in normal. Is it create any problem? I had smoking habit. But, I stop smoking from last 3 months. My weight is 94 kgs. Is it the reason for my breathing problem.
How can I solve this problem?
27 years experience
Ask Free Question
Dear lybtateuser, - Your heart beat is in normal range - try to reduce your weight by diet & exercise as obesity causes problems including breathing problem
- take a balanced diet with more of fruits & vegetables (roughly your half plate should be filled with veggies including green leafy ones at each meal), increase fibre in food including fruit, vegetables, beans, legumes, sprouts, whole grains such as whole wheat, brown rice, oats, corn
- have protein food with each meal like non veg, seafood, chicken (one portion), egg white, beans, soyabeans, legumes - healthy fats fish, like salmon, mackeral, use olive oil for cooking (2-3) teaspoonful per day, avocado, a handful of nuts
- have 8-10 glasses of water to keep you full, have a glass half an hour before meals so that you feel full & eat less
- do regular exercise like walking, jogging, swimming for 30-40 min, also do moderate weight lifting as building muscle will reduce fat & boost your metabolism, also include yoga & deep breathing for 10-15 min daily morning, will improve your breathing problem
- monitor your weight once a week - reduce your stress by a good sleep at night for at least 7-8 hrs, reading, music, exercise.
5 years experience
Ask Free Question
Hi normal heart rate in male is from 60 to 100, however in young male it should be around 80 to 90 at the max.
Try to reduce your weight tell me your anxiety levels ,higher anxiety levels and improper sleep can also cause mild tachycardia.
Yes it can be a reason for your breathing problem, tachycardia can cause breathlessness.
I would advise you to answer me you anxiety levels ,your speep cycle, your alcohol habits
are you sedantary or active
we can keep you on a betablocker like propranolo along with life style modication for 1 month. Do not worry you will be fine.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.