Sir, I am 43 years male and I have leukaemia first stage and my BCR-ABL ratio is 42.11 is it is necessary to increase or decrease the ratio? If it is how? Please answer me sir.

Hi Mr. lybrate-user, I appreciate you seeking help. Well, BCR-ABL ratio monitoring is usually done regularly to understand not only the disease status but also to understand as to how effective the treatment has been in controlling the disease. As I understand, a reducing trend is favorable. However, your hematology-oncologist can best explain the status/ outlook as is contextually applicable in your case. Hope this helps. Do take care and all the very best.