I am 56 yes old female m diabetic want to know what is converted rice that you recommend for low GI food?

I am 56 yes old female m diabetic want to know what is co...
Hi, Converted rice is nothing but par boiled rice. It is prepared from conventional rice by partially boiling the rice. It helps in preserving 80% of nutrients unlike white rice in which most of the nutrients are lost due to polishing. Converted rice takes long time to get digested, hence the glucose released is slow. You can also go for brown rice which has lower G.I value. Hope this helps. Regards
Brown rice.
Dear patient, Eating rice is not a problem if you are eating it without starch i.e boiled. For an alternate of Rice you can eat Indian bread (chapati) whole grain wheat flour ,as it is always advised to have a complex sugar and fibre.
Converted rice is also called parboiled rice. It has low glycemic index means 38 as compared to brown rice which has 50. Parboiled rice is processed under extreme heat and steam. After drying process the bran falls off and discarded. By this process all the nutrients from bran to soak into the endosperm and germ. I think madam rita you get proper reply.
It's part boiled rice while in husk. It changes nutrition value and texture of rice.