I am suffering from dry cough for last one week and I am suffering chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest me what should be done?

I am suffering from dry cough for last one week and I am ...
The chest pain that comes with excessive coughing is due the stress that muscles undergo due to the repetitive expulsive force of coughing. Due to this forceful stress the muscles get fatigued and start to pain. Hence the remedy lies in curing the cough and with its cure- the muscles would recover, pain would stop. Also its necessary to find the cause of cough. Mostly dry cough is allergic and mild anti-allergic medicine with some good cough-suppressant syrup would be helpful. But having said that I believe if your cough keeps recurring then extensive investigations to rule out any serious lung problem should be on the cards! You can follow up on private consults for specific advice and treatment !
Dear lybrateuser, -Avoid cold fluids, have more of warm fluids, water, tea, coffee, milk, soup -take a teaspoon of honey in warm water or green tea in the morning -take syrup Chericof, 2 teaspoonful three times a day -take tablet Levocetirizine, 5mg once daily in the evening -have 6-7 glasses of water per day for sufficient hydration -if pain or irritation in the throat then do warm salt water gargles three times a day.