I am 34 years old male. Often I have pain in my arm (around shoulder joint) just after waking up and it lasts for 2-3 days. It feels like some muscle has been twisted or stretched. I think is it because of my sleeping habits as I sleep on side but one of colleague told me that sometime it is due to some issues with heart. Please advice.

I am 34 years old male. Often I have pain in my arm (arou...
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You complaints could be due to a soft tissue affection of the structures surrounding the shoulder joint like tendons, bursa, capsule etc. If there is no h/o any injury to the shoulder joint or any s/s of inflammation like instability, swelling, skin redness etc, then you can initiate a short course of anti inflammatory medications and physical therapy, and we will observe your progress for next 2-3 weeks, if you do not feel better, the we might get few investigations like mri of the affected shoulder region done. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.