Hello. I am 24 years old. I got my 1st period when I was 14 years old. And ever since there has been Some or the other problem with my periods. They wer irregular for almost 6-7 years. I used to get them once 2-3 months. I was a little over weight as well. However since last one year I started doing yoga. Walking and had a great healthy diet due to which without Any medicines my periods became super regular, in August 2015 I had a blood test to check vit D B12 and thyroid. Thyroid was negative. There was vitamin deficiency for which I took medicines. Again in Sept 2015 I had a blinding pain in my lower abdomen and went for a complete lower abdomen scan. The scan showed everything is normal. Uterus is normal. But the ovaries showed some cysts. The doctor said they are polycystic appearing ovaries. And after september for almost 9 months my periods were regular but they became scanty. Lasting only 3 days instead of 5 and less bleeding. Since the last 2 months (I left yoga) I started having the same problem again. My periods are irregular and I don't get them. I went to the gynecologist last month she told me I am still over weight by 5 kgs and pcos has only one treatment which is maintaining a healthy life style. She gave me a tablet and told me to take it if I don't get my period by the end of the month. I took the tablet. I did bleed but it was very very less. Just in 2 days and the blood was not red. I had brown discharge and brownish bleeding. This month again I don't get my period. It's really irritating now. I am otherwise very healthy. I don't take stress. I don't drink I never smoke then why is this happening? Also off late I have started to experience dryness and itching in vaginal area. Weakness in arms. Back pain and sometimes pain in my left breast which goes away on its own. I was going through the internet and found out that sometimes menopause is also the reason. I really feel I am also getting menopause at this age. Why else there would be so much problem in the functioning of my period cycle? So could any doctor confirm whether this is menopause? If yes what should I do? What is a permanent solution to this problem? It's really irritating now! Thank you.

Hello. I am 24 years old. I got my 1st period when I was ...
Hello Lybrate user, you should carry on with your yoga practice n take good n nutritious diet which will help you in regularing your periods n you can opt for ayurvedic medicines which have good results n your doubt about menopause then it's not the age for the menopause. U can ask for further help n details.