My mom has psvt she is 58 years old recently she has gone under ecg after checking ecg doctors says ican see a blockage can any one advice can ecg predict blockage as he insist for angiography. In the eco report heart size is big as per doctor and they insist for rfablade and angio can anyone please suggest what to do.

My mom has psvt she is 58 years old recently she has gone...
ECG gives an indication about the cardiac muscle movement and as per the experience of the doctor he can predict about the blockage which needs confirmation by angiogram.
ECG can give condition of functioning of the heart. It does not give a direct reference to the presence of blockages, although, sever disturbance in ECG can indicate blockage kind of disease. 2D Echo reports will be required to see if damage is so extensive that angioplasty is required. Rotablade may not be the best option for treatment. Angiography is an invasive, extensive visual study of the condition of blood vessels supplying nutrition to the heart, the treatment that follows would be implanting a stent or ballooning. There are other options that are non invasive and medicine based. If you can take a private consultation with our doctors, we will be able to help you better.