I'm going through depression and I'm unable to do anything I tried harming my self twice unknowingly ,for that min I try to harm myself at the same time il say myself no and stop it and again continue to the same ,I'm really going through lot of pressure when I'm alone I'm not able to divert my mind ,is it any serious mental illness ?should I under go any treatment?

I'm going through depression and I'm unable to do anythin...
Hi lybrate-user, Of course you need to undergo treatment and counselling for the same. Harming yourself is a serious issue, it is dangerous to you as well as those who really cares you and for those who are affectionate to you that is your parents, siblings and friends come secondary. For those who brought up so many years, how much they would have struggled to bring you up just imagine and see, it is really difficult. You have no rights to harm, instead you should be strong enough. I wanted to know more about you, to help you come out of this problem soon.