8 years experience
Ask Free Question
Do XRay chest (P/A) view, some blood tests like CBC, ESR,Abs Eosinophil count to find cause of Cough also ECG for Chest Pain. U can take Excellent Homeopathic medicines for early recovery along with your routine medicines. Inform Reports soon if Possible. Good Day.
DNB (Respiratory Diseases), MD - Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine, Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases (DTCD)
33 years experience
Ask Free Question
Just dru cough alone for 3 weeks can be due to
1. After a common cold or viral fever; the fever may go unnoticed but leaves behind a dry cough which will resolve over a few more weeks or turn to wheezy cough.
2. A dry cough may be a sign of allergic asthma without wheezing . This occurs during season change or on exposure to allergens like dust; cold air etc.
3. Do not smoke. It prevents a common cold getting resolved fast.
4. There are no serious illnesses which present as dry cough for 3 weeks. So there is no reason to be over apprehensive.
5. Chest pain is because we mainly cough with our chest muscles. So they get sprained by hard cough. As there is no sputum ; try some cough suppresant syrups if needed.
6. Hot fomentation or hot water bath 3 times will relax the chest muscles.
7. Paracetamol is also OK .
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Chest Pain treatment