My 8 months daughter always catches cold and cough. My concern is how long shall I keep her on over the counter medication. Please suggest few immune boosting food for her and I don't want to continue to give her cough syrup every alternate or after few days.

My 8 months daughter always catches cold and cough. My co...
Stop all kind of medications. It wl weaken her immune system. U can make kaadha of ajvain, saunth, slight gol mirch and can give her with honey it wl boost her immune n wl clear her chest.
Hello lybrate-user I understand your dilemma about not wanting to continue with over the counter medication. It is not advisable in the long run. Your daughter has a low immunity and that is the reason she is having frequent cold and cough. And you have rightly identified it. A diet rich in beans, pulses, greens, root vegetables (which must be eaten at specific times of the day) and seeds like flax, sunflower, sesame will really help to combat this. Also, Homoeopathy is an excellent choice for boosting the immune system. She will enjoy the sweet medication and her problem will be solved within 6 months. Do write back to me if you have any more queries.
Avoid bottle feed if doing, it is the source of infection in recurrent ARI cases Give medicine for minimum period required.