Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My mom has pyria disease recently observed after meet doctor and from blood report. What to do. Cure,effect etc. Every detail. please sir suggest me.

6 Doctors Answered
Get scaling polishing done by a dentist massage gums.
1 person found this helpful
Dear user, Pyorrhea is a condition characterized by bleeding gums. Common causes for bleeding gums include-1.Improper brushing habits2. Poor oral hygiene 3.Improper nutrition 4. Lack of resistance of the gums. Here are some remedies to this problem your mother can try.(a) Take an orange or lemon peel and rub on the gums for 5 minutes. Repeat this two times a day to stop the bleeding.(b) After brushing take some mustard oil and add a pinch of salt to it. Rub this mixture on the gums and leave for 5 minutes.(c) Use ultrasoft brush for brushing of teeth and be gentle when you brush the teeth.(You can Consult me privately for any other problem.) Take care. Hope it works for your mother.
2 people found this helpful
Dear lybrate-user, Pyorrhea is a disease of gums which leads to loosing of teeth due to gradual loss of jawbone. In scientific terms, this is termed as periodontitis. I suggest that you go for thorough professional scaling/cleaning from a dentist and use antibacterial mouthwashes thereafter. For more specific answers, and an appropriate prescription, I suggest that you consult me privately on Lybrate. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
pyorrhea is basically periodontal disease .It can be cured by scaling at less advanced stage. At advanced stage you may require periodontal surgery. If left untreated it can cause swelling of gums, bleeding gums, loosening of teeth.
1 person found this helpful
the disease needs to be treated. it cannot be cured just by medicines. thorough scaling and root planing i.e. cleaning needs to be done . and if required surgical treatment might be required but that depends on the condition. moreover the patient will have to maintain a proper oral hygiene or else nothing would help.
1 person found this helpful
You should consider getting a professional cleaning done by the dentist. This is just a gum disease and does NOT need any blood test or investigation. Clean your teeth. And maintain good hygiene habits at home.
2 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.