I am 45 years female and suffering from knee joint pain from last 2 years. How can I get rid from the pain.

Hello Lybrate User, First weight reduction is important if you are overweight according to your height. Applying lukewarm sesame oil (Til taila) is found to be effective in knee joint pain. Ayurvedic treatment are found to be very effective in Knee joint problem. Use Dashmularistha 2 tsf morning and at night with lukewarm water is effective. Using hot water bag for knee joint pain after apply oil gives good results. To get complete ayurvedic treatment to solve your problem consult me. Take care.
Use rasnasaptak katha, yograj gugulu, maja narayan oil, rhuflex tab.
First of all you have to know what is the cause for your knee pain. Is it some injury, trauma or osteoarthritis. For the last 2 years what all treatment you have taken. You can visit an orthopaedic surgeon who can prescribe you the correct investigation and medicines apart from that start with physiotherapy session. Learn knee exrrcises and do them daily. Also you can apply hot water fomentation on your knees twice a day. Start with calcium tablet and vit d once a week. Also avoid postures like squatting cross legged sitting and excessive stair climbing.