I am 32 years female, married. I want to plan my family. But before that I want to loose some weight. My height is 5'4" weight 68 Kgs. I have Thyroid and Spondylitis. For Thyroid I take Thyronorm tablets- 25 mcg. I also have constipation problem once / twice a week. Please suggest me what to do so that I can stay fit and loose weight and also get rid of my constipation problem.
Your problem of overweight could be because of thyroid problem. Monitor your Thyroid function regularly and take medicine after consulting physician
1. Eat well – Take a balanced Diet comprising of 45% carbohydrate, 30% protein and 25% fat, plenty of green leafy vegetables, fruits. Don’t over eat. Avoid junk, spicy, oily, high calorie, cholesterol rich diet don’t skip your breakfast. Take warm, homemade food. Avoid food and drink from outside. Don’t skip or postpone your meal. Minimize consumption of refined grains like white rice, white bread, sugary or refined food.
2. Keep hydrated- Drink 2 liters /8-10 glasses of water daily
3. Do regular exercise for one hour daily like brisk walking/Jugging etc
4. Take adequate rest- 7-8 hours of sound sleep in the night is required to remain healthy
5. Avoid stress, anxiety, depression, agitation etc
6. Find time for relaxation and enjoyments with friends and family
7. Practice yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercise to calm your mind, control emotion, improve concentration and relieve stress.
3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Staying Healthy treatment