Don't ignore your skin health issues
Ask FREE question to skin specialists

I used mometasone furate cream for after waxing pimples. It has caused constant itching. What should I do?

Acne is a common problem in teen. Almost everybody will get pimples during their teen years. First, Don't try to self treat acne. Some popular nonprescription acne lotions, cleansers and other skin products can cause a serious reaction(rare), mostly it is normal to have acne in teenage.For pimples it's important to wash your face twice daily to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and extra oil from your skin's surface, Avoid touching your face or propping your cheek or chin on your hands. Not only can you spread bacteria, you can also irritate the already inflamed facial skin. Never pick or pop pimples with your fingers, as it can lead to infection and scarring. A dietary therapy with the right medications for pimples can also help a lot. Kojic acid (a natural skin lightener derived from mushroom extract), arbutin (also called bearberry extract), and vitamin C (ascorbic acid) are great alternative ingredients to lighten scars left by acne. Don't use vitamin E on scars. You may have heard that applying vitamin E to a scar will help it heal faster. But according to a study , applying the nutrient directly onto a scar can actually hinder its healing. In the study, vitamin E either had no effect or made matters worse for 90% of the patients, and 33% who put vitamin E on the skin developed a contact dermatitis. Increasing the intake of omega-3 fatty acids through a diet significantly rich in fish and seafood results in lower rates of an inflammatory disease like acne. A low-glycemic-index diet also reduces acne risk. I being a both a registered dietitian (RD) and doctor have been successfully helping patients with their problems through a holistic approach using customized therapeutic diet and medications . I will also suggest home remedies. Do reply back for private consultation for Rx.

Book appointment with top doctors for Itching treatment