I am 63 years old. I have 120 counts on fasting. Is medication only way to come out of it. Can diabetes be cured completely?

I am 63 years old. I have 120 counts on fasting. Is medic...
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease. It can't be cured but diabetes can be controlled with good diet with high fibre & low carb diet. Diet plays a major role (80%) to treatment of diabetes. For more details or diet plan. You can contact us for personal consultation or diet plan.
Hai Mr. Lybrate-user, fasting sugar of 120 for the first time - considered prediabetes. So you can start taking diabetic diet in which you have to restrict sugars, sweets, rice and increase fibre diet. Take small frequent meals. Regular walking of 1 hour per day should be done. We cannot completely cure diabetes, but we can avoid taking medicines initially with diet and exercises. You can follow up with us with subsequent sugar levels, so that we can help you out.
diabetes can only be controlled, there is no cure at least for now. 120 mg fasting is not showing presence of diabetes. It falls in pre - diabetes state. Following are the criteria to diagnose: 1) normal: fbs 70 to 110 mg/100 ml, pp <140 mg/100 ml & hba1c% <5.9 2) pre - diabetes: fbs 108 to 125 mg, pp 141 to 199 mg, hba1c% 5.9 to 6.4 3) diabetes: fbs 126 and above, pp 200 mg and above, hba1c% 6.5 and above. In your case adapting a modified life style meaning maintaining normal weight (58.5 kgs) (165 cms - 100 = 65 x 0.9 = 58.5 kgs), avoiding sweets, deep fried foods, junk foods, pastries, other bakery items, sweetened aerated drinks, fructose cornn syrup containing foods, highly processed foods & high fat milk products. You should consume more of green leafy vegetables, salads and permitted fruits. Exercise daily for at least 1 hour. Refrain from alcohol and smoking. This will help in prevent progress to diabetes or delay it. Thanks.