I am 19. My height is 5.8 ft and weight is 51-52 kg. I am severely underweight and now I am thinking to take practin and decdan for a month. Would that be okay or harmful?

I am 19. My height is 5.8 ft and weight is 51-52 kg. I am...
Use ashwagandha and salam pak.
Dear lybrate user, do not take any type of medicine like decadan & practin to increase your weight. Increasing weight does not mean that you will go fatty. In fact, extra fat serves as a precursor of many diseases. In order to increase your weight as well as stay healthy you have to increase the muscle mass of your body. Normally a muscle undergoes an increase in size when it gets hypertrophied due to weight training. Weight-training leads to the pumping of blood to the muscle resulting in increased protein synthesis in the muscles. This applies to every muscles of human body. So, weight training is a must to increase weight. Whenever a muscle gets hypertrophied it demands protein to expand. Here comes the need of protein supplement. The most effective protein supplement is whey protein. But kindly remember only taking supplement is not enough. You need to take those supplements according to a fixed schedule. For quicker & better results take 40 grams of whey just after waking from sleep at morning. Take another 20 grams of whey just 30 minutes before workout. Again take 40 grams of whey just after you have finished your workout. Kindly remember gaining weight is a time -taking process. So do not expect any result within fortnight.