1.Take crocin Pain relief one Tablet sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets daily at the time of attack, apply ice pack, massage scalp/temple
2.Drink plenty of water and take rest.
3. Avoid stress, anxiety, depression, agitation, exposure to loud noise, bright light, strong smell inadequate sleep, continuous use of cell phone since it precipitates migraine attack
4.Avoid chocolate, salted /processed food, aged cheese, excess tea/coffee/alcoho (red wine)/caffeinated beveragesl. Donât skip/postpone your meal, avoid hunger since it triggers the attack
5. Go for regular exercise, reduce weight if over weight
6. Practice yoga, meditation, deep breathing exercise to calm your mind, control your emotion and relieve you from stress
7. If You have chronic migraine, you have to take migraine prophylaxis like propranolol/ vasograin after consulting physician
8. Consult neurologist to exclude other causes of headache and if required, take CT scan of brain.
You should eat on time and sleep for 7-8 hours daily. Avoid stress. If there are frequent headaches, then, preventive medications may be needed.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Migraine treatment