Hi sir, I am 32 year old guys facing sleeping problem from last 5 years will not b able to sleep at least for 4 hrs a day because of that I am facing stomach problems please suggest me for any medicines or for home remedies.
40 years experience
Ask Free Question
1.You may be having anxiety or stress. Avoid stress.
2.You need 7-8 hours of sound sleep to remain healthy.
3.Go for regular exercise, Take part in games and sports, 4.Do yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercise like pranayama to calm your mind, control your emotion, relieve anxiety and improve concentration.
5.Adhere to a specific sleep time and regular schedule
6.Take light dinner.
7.Avoid taking tea/coffee at bed time. Have a glass of warm milk at bed time .8. Don’t go to sleep immediately after dinner. Take a small walk after dinner and if possible take hot water bath before sleep. Read a light magazine or interesting book before going to bed 9. Avoid late night. 10. Don’t sleep in day time
11. Don’t take sleeping pill
4 years experience
Ask Free Question
You maybe suffering from irritable bowels because of your tension and stress.
Follow these simple steps to ensure a good sleep every night and stay away from sleep disorders and other health problems associated with unhealthy sleep habits:
1) maintain a regular sleep routine
go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every
night of the week.
A good sleep hygiene routine promotes healthy sleep and daytime alertness.
2) avoid sleeping during the daytime. It can disturb the normal pattern.
3) avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol near bedtime. While alcohol may speed the onset of sleep, it creates problems in he second half of sleep.
4) exercise can promote good sleep. Exercise should be taken in the morning or late afternoon. Yoga, can be done before bed to help.
5) have a quiet, comfortable bedroom.
Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer.
Turn off the tv and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep. Background'white noise' like a fan is ok.
If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom.
Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights.
Have a comfortable mattress.
6) avoid heavy meals close to bedtime.
7) ensure adequate exposure to natural light.
8) avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before trying to go to sleep. Do not think of, or bring your problems to bed.
9) stop using all your digital devices and stop looking at digital screens be it mobile phones or televisions at least 1 hour before the time you plan to sleep. Instead try reading a fiction book near bedtime so it makes you help relaxed and de-stressed.
Sleep well live healthy and live longer.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Difficulty Sleeping treatment