I have a typhoid from last 8 days body temp increases upto 103 -106 bt after medicine it cool down. Again happen in night the same. Even I can not eat anything it results omitting. Drinking aqua water 2L a day and some apple. Mouth taste bitter. Suggest what to do.
40 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Consult doctor with blood report like widal/typhidot test.
2. If it is typhoid, you have to take a full course of antibiotic for 10-14 days
3. Take bland semi solid diet like rice with yogurt, porridge, barley, fruit (avoid skin/seeds) custard, avoid spicy, oily and fatty food. Take light and easily digestible diet. Take meals at short interval to avoid nausa/vomiting. Avoid meat/poultry/egg
4. Drink plenty of water/lime juice/ glucose water/ coconut water, sugar cane/ fresh fruit (avoid citrus fruits) juice, milk
5. Take adequate rest
typhoid is a bacterial infection affecting the gastrointestinal system and is due to fecal contamination of food, milk and water. It can be prevented by
1. Avoiding contaminated food and water/milk from out side sources like junk food etc
2 use purified drinking water and have warm home made food, 3. Avoid fly contamination of food, maintain food hygiene
4, properlyl wash your hands before taking food
5. Wash vegetable, fruit before consuming.
2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Typhoid treatment