I had torn my knee ACL partially 6 years back. After rehab and strengthening it for 4 months I started playing football again and in the last 3 Years I have done a lot of knee and legs strengthening exercises and never experienced any pain even when I lifted heavy weights on back and front squats. I also kept playing football every now and then but wasn't very regular. Now a few weeks back I started playing football twice every weekend and on the second day I felt a littler jerk in my knee. There was a little pain but that went away in the weekdays and I was able to play on Saturday and Sunday again. But on Sunday I felt that jerk again. Thought it would be best to get it checked out. I had gotten a knee MRI done in December and the doctor told me that its a little torn but if there is no pain I can continue playing and working out. Took the same MRI to another doctor and he told me that I need to get a surgery done and that's the only way to fix this. My question is this- what if I don't get the surgery done? Can I continue playing football? Is there another way to fix this. Are there other things I should try before I get the surgery done? How long is the rehab process post surgery. Will I be bed ridden etc. Please help. Thanks.

I had torn my knee ACL partially 6 years back. After reha...
If little torn then no need surgery avoid strain full activity. Do strength exercise in daily routine. And if you want to do surgery then its tk 4 to 6 week after surgery.
You must have torn your acl completely this time since you had a jerk twice and you are experiencing instability in the knee joint and thats why you are not able to play football. You should get another mri of knee and see a sports injury specialist. If there is complete acl tear and you want to play football then you need to get acl reconstructive surgery.