41 years experience
Ask Free Question
Do 1. Before travelling do not take spicy or heavy meals.
2. Do not sit facing backwards from your direction of travel.
3. Sit in the front seat of a car.
4. Do not read while traveling.
5. When traveling by car keep your gaze fixed on the horizon or on a fixed point
6. Do not smoke, 7. Get fresh air if possible.
8. Do not talk/ listen/ think abt motion sickness
9. Listen to music and take deep breathing
10 solve some mental puzzle
11. Keep drinking small amount of water to keep hydrated
12. Can take carbonated beverage. You will be better.
22 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Vertigo treatment