9 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Use mild shampoo to wash hair (you can make your own shampoo using reetha and shikakai at home)
2. Stop using conditioners. Use natural conditioners like egg, yougurt and lemon. 3. Massage your scalp with a mix of oils like olive, coconut, sesame, castor oil at night.
4. Apply raw amla juice on hair thrice a week.
5. Rub your scalp with the juice of white onion. 6. Use a paste of bhringraj on hair.
7. You can use some good hair packs like - fenugreek and yogurt, egg and green tea.
8. You can rinse your hair with organic apple cider vinegar after washing your hair to maintain ph balance of your hair.
9. Hair health depends on the amount of protein in your diet. Foods like chicken, eggs, fish, nuts, dry fruits gives you the required nutrients to keep your skin and hair healthy. So consume plenty of them. Eat things rich in vitamin c like amla and oranges. 10. Drink lots of water to flush out toxins from the body.
17 years experience
Ask Free Question
It's normal to lose up to 100 hair per day, and in most people, those hairs grow back. But many men -- and some women -- lose hair as they grow older. You can also lose your hair if you have certain diseases, such as thyroid problems, diabetes, or lupus. If you take certain medicines or have chemotherapy for cancer, you may also lose your hair. Other causes are stress, a low protein diet, a family history, use of bore water, or nutritional deficiencies. Need to rule out any causative factor or underlying medical condition.
take diet rich in protein like non-veg, eggs (it's loaded with essential nutrients such as proteins, vitamin b12, iron, zinc and omega 6 fatty acids in large amounts and biotin), different pulses & legumes, sprouts, nuts (sp. Walnuts and almonds); iron-rich food like green vegetables, dates, carrots, prunes, green peas; also oats, shrimp, take flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, green tea, soyabean, fruits, salads, etc.
Take low-fat dairy products (they also contain whey and casein, two high-quality protein sources)
take proper 6-9 hrs of sound sleep.
Give up the habit of smoking and excessive alcohol intake.
Avoid junk food and any kind of beverages (tea, coffee, aerated drinks, cold drinks, etc.)
avoid canned/ tinned food or food that contains preservatives (eat fresh ones).
Avoid use of hard water to wash the head rather use boiled water for head wash.
Avoid use of harsh hair colour, hair treatment like rebonding, straightening, perming, etc.
Avoid vigorous exercises or any supplements provided by the gym!
cover your head with scarf or cap while stepping outside.
Use rose wood/ any wooden hair comb to brush your hair.
Regularly massage head and hair with coconut oil, almond oil (depending upon your scalp type) 1 to 3 times a week.
Regular exercising is also one of the important point, but should be done under some good, qualified yoga teacher or instructor for proper guidance; it also releases the stress/ tension in the mind and the body and keeps you fit and young!
take homoeopathic medicines - schwabe's wiesbaden 200 & alfalfa tonic twice a day for 3 months.
Use schwabe's arnica shampoo and hair growth oil regularly as per the condition of your scalp (minimum 3 times a week).
After shampooing, use bakson's arnica hair conditioner as well after every head wash.
Beside this, you can take one tablet of multivitamin folli hair once daily for 3 months.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.