I am kumar, male, aged about 56 years and residing in chennai. I am suffering with digestive disorders such as lack of appetite, indigestion, severe underweight, malnutrition, slight watery stools, rapid graying of scalp and facial hair, eczema on face, constipation, and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach. I had undergone endoscopy 4 times and colonoscopy once and RUT test. Nothing was revealed except gastritis, IBS, non specific proctocolitis and GERD. I had undergone stool tests on 4 0ccasions but only once giardia lamblia was detected. Even stool culture test did not reveal anything. Is there any test to determine nature of microbiota in the intestine. I am severely under nourished and underweight. I do not feel like taking food. One gastro doctor at chennai suggest for cat scan of abdomen. I am afraid to undergo this test as I am scared of exposure to radiation. Can any one suggest some good probiotics and probiotics to cure this nuisance disease permanently. Will chronic giardiasis of long duration cause cancer? Can any good doctor advice me a good and permanent cure.
Dear Mr. Kumar. I read your health conditions. You are under wt. Tried all possible tests and taken medication. Please follow these and then we will introduce probiotics and digestives.
1. Take food at proper time. Never miss a breakfast.
2. Have proper regular sleep.
3. No smoking.
4. Regarding food please take salad. Fruits. Any thing prepared by boiling, steam cooking or pressure cooking. Ie our rice chapatti and side dishes and other home made food are ok
5. Avoid food prepared in ovens like cake biscuits. Avoid anything deep or shallow fried.
6. Too much nuts and dry fruits should be avoided. Avoid all bottle drinks and fruit juices. Fruits as such should be taken daily. Avoid milk and milk products.
7. Limit coffee and tea to 2 a day.
8. Walk 45 min covering 4 km daily.
Wait for 20 days to see the effect.
3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Constipation treatment