I am 54 years sufferings from backaches and do not stand on foots more than 20 minutes due to knee problem. Please advise.

Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You have actually mentioned back ache and pain in your knees as your main problem. It is obvious that there are some degenerative changes which have set in your joints both in back and knee regions. To proceed in your case 1) for knees: please tell me duration of pain and what are aggravating factors? how much distance can you walk and what is the analgesic requirement to carry out activities of daily routine? what medications you generally take and what has been your treatment history till now for existing problem. I also need to see your latest knee x rays so that I know what grade of arthritis are we dealing with on your case? 2) for your back: kindly elaborate your problem as to a detailed discussion of your back pain which means duration of pain and mode of onset. I would also like to ask you if it is associated with any leg pain or any other neurological symptoms like numbness, paraesthesias (electrical shock like abnormal sensations) or any weakness in limbs. Please also tell me about any associated symptoms like fever, weight loss etc. What medications you generally take and what has been your treatment history till now for existing problem. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.