Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi.
Regarding your numbness
in your hand which has started after massage or whatever that was, you need to get mri of your neck region done so that we can see what kind of pressure is there.
As far as your waist pain
goes, if it is your lower back which you are talking about and if there are no other symptoms like radiating leg pain
, neurological symptoms like numbness, weakness, paresthesias etc, then you can start with following recommendations for initial period of 2-3 weeks: - to maintain proper posture of your back while working and sleeping
- if pain is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication like tab etoshine
or one which suits you
- physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist
and then to continue at home
- adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body
- ice packs can applied if your pain is acute, then hot fomentation can be done at home
- analgesic spray for local application can be used and is easily available.
- avoid lifting heavyweight/ acute forward bending in mornings etc we will observe you for next 2-3 weeks how you respond to this conservative management protocol.
If you are not feeling better, then we will have to get some investigations like, dynamic x rays of lower back and few blood tests for evaluation. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.