My Wife is 70 years old, was on treatment for osteoporosis for almost 8 years. She had undergone in 2009, lumpectomy operation for her Breast cancer presently she is OK. She is taking yearly injection of' aclasta' for osteoporosis. Still she complains of pain in left leg right from hip joint to the foot. She is using hand stick while walking inside the house. She is also a spondylitis patient for more than 15 years. She uses collar. She is not confidant while walking and complains of pain in legs especially left leg even while on rest. She had even MRI of spine and hip joints. Orthopedist says her MRI is not showing any abnormalities except age related degeneration. But she finds fault with the Doctors that they are not giving her any relief from pain in the left leg except some pain killers and routine osteoporosis drugs. We are always in search of some relief from some quarters.

Hello, with the description of the symptoms, I feel she is bothered by left lower limb pain. Since mri is normal for her age, we are ruling out disc and related issues. Ideally a through examination will be needed, for now stretching exercises and muscle strengthening exercises will improve her balance and give her more confidence to mobilize. Non pharmaceutical measures of pain management like ift, tens, ust etc should be tired under physiotherapy supervision.