if you have localized back pain
- no neurological symptoms like numbness
, paresthesia, weakness in limbs etc, my advice is: - intensive physical therapy initially under supervision of a physiotherapist
and then at home.
- avoid forward bending, lifting heavy weights etc
- take an analgesic like diclofenac
or something which suits your body for 5-7 days
- take muscle relaxant for same time as analgesic to relieve muscle spasm
- ice packs at the site of pain
, muscle spasm
- local analgesic spray can be used but no massage is required let me know how you are feeling. I will actually ask you to get x ray
of involved region of spine (ap & lateral)
and send reports across to me so that I can advise further in a better manner. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.