Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You are very young to actually have persistent back pains.
If you have localized back pain
with no other symptoms like radiating leg pain
, neurological symptoms like numbness
, weakness, paresthesias etc, then you can start with following recommendations for initial period of 2-3 weeks: - to maintain proper posture of your back while working and sleeping
- if pain
is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication like tab etoshine
or one which suits you
- physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist
and then to continue at home
- adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body
- ice packs can applied if your pain is acute, then hot fomentation can be done at home
- analgesic spray for local application can be used and is easily available.
- avoid lifting heavyweight/ acute forward bending in mornings etc we will observe you for next 2-3 weeks how you respond to this conservative management protocol.
If you are not feeling better, then we will have to get some investigations like, dynamic x rays of lower back and few blood tests for evaluation. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards