Hello doctor my name is akash modi and I am a basketball player my knee is pain bad when I move my legs.

Hello doctor my name is akash modi and I am a basketball ...
Applying cold compresses to the painful knee is one of the best and easiest ways to reduce pain and swelling. The cold will constrict the blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the affected area and thus reducing swelling. It will also give you relief from the pain. 1.Wrap a handful of ice cubes in a thin towel. 2.Apply the compress to the affected knee area for 10 to 20 minutes. 3.Do this two or three time daily until your pain is gone. Take Mag phos 6x – 4 tabs twice daily for next 10 days.
Dear lybrate-user, knee pain can have various reason. I feel you can start having supplements for vit d, calcium and increase your dietary protein content. Later on can go for simple x ray of the knee initiallyand later on may be mri. To know the cause of your knee pain at this young age is important in general if it is a simple knee pain without any injured structure around knee then you can start with with simple knee strengthening exercises, like quadriceps strengthening, hamstrings strengthening, strengthening of the muscles around the hip. Do write to me if needed any further help.