1) Does flashlight close to eye for long time cause solar retinography?
2) can retina surgeon detect solar retinography on slit lamp?
3) can vision returns to normal? Or remains impaired in fractional amount?
9 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Solar retinopathy affect retina so can not be detected on slit lamp, yes but on biomicroscopy you can detect it
2. Visual recovery depends on amount of damage done. We wait for atleast a month for spontaneous visual recovery.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.