9 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Slightly heat the oil you wish to use in a microwave for about 20 seconds.
2. Apply the warm oil to your hair and massage your scalp for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Comb your hair thoroughly to evenly distribute the oil. It will also avoid breakage while washing your hair.
4. Cover your hair with a hot wet towel for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
6. Gently comb your hair (use a wide-toothed comb not a brush) while it is still wet and allow it to air dry.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.