I am 22 year male recently analysed off having dyslexia and adhd which is affecting my studies and when inquired about how to help myself got a reply that an adult of this age cannot be helped what can I do about this.

Get help of occupation therapy to learn and earn together with happy mood. It will make you adjusted and you can grow with occupation therapy. You can be healthy, wealthy and adjusted for ever. Thanks.
It is difficult to treat adhd at any time in life, period. So, considering advanced ages, it makes it tougher because the behaviors are all set in and reinforced. However, do not lose hope: there is nothing that is impossible in life except that we have not yet discovered the solution. Every effort is worth it and you should never be in want for not having tried. I also believe that something done is better than nothing done, even if it is wrong: passivity is criminal. You need to combine medication and therapy for something effective to emerge for you. There are three areas of focus in therapy that needs serious work: concentration, hyperactivity, and impulse control. You will need to put yourself on a strict time-structure with planned activities which have reasonable and reachable goals. These must be monitored and assessed regularly to give you an idea of progress. There are concentration exercises in yoga, and the ear and eye exercise, that will benefit you a lot. Meditation will be tremendously useful to moderate your responses and to develop focus and good self-control. Emotional therapy will play a significant role to alleviate the impulsive behavior to a large extent. If all this is done in a social context i. E. In groups or by mixing with other people, you will gain tremendously. You need to be cooperative at all times. Your diet could do with less carbohydrates and a good bit of fiber. It is best to avoid high-energy foods. Vigorous exercise of at least 30 minutes a day will expunge the high energy levels. The treatment is long term and arduous but it is worth putting in this effort for a reasonable outcome. Regarding the dyslexia there are reading exercises by using index cards that will help you with those words that you particularly read wrong. Some teachers who specialize in treating this disorder have equipment and methods that employ the four avenues of word-learning: visual, audio, kinesthetic and tactile. They employ and associate letter and word sounds i. E. From the phonics with the phonemes.