My son is 14 years old studying In viii class. He is studying for the sake of doing it but has little interest in it. His counsellor has lessen his burden by reducing his syllabus. Though he has started scoring quiet good but he doesn't make the effort to study himself. Only noting down work from other books & copies is his effort. But he never tries to read newspaper, his academic text books etc. He doesn't feel the importance of academics. We have consulted psychologist & child counsellor. He is very good child. Does all the outdoor activities very enthusiastically. A good player good team organizer, very friendly. Very handsome. But very slow in academics. I am very worried. please advice.

My son is 14 years old studying In viii class. He is stud...
Not every one is good in academics. Your son may have some other qualities. Please try to focus on his strengths. Once you understand this skills and passion then help him to pursue this. If he is a very good child, then first thing is he will be a good human being. That will be a huge achievement. Also he will do well in whatever field he choses. He might become a good Sports person, Good Manager, may be good Actor or may be he would be happy in Travel or Hospitalilty business etc. Finally what matters is, he should be happy for the rest of his life and he should be able to enjoy whatever work/job he takes up. After he passes 10th std exam, get his "Career Counselling" done so that you will be able to help him in choosing his career. Do not worry too much about academics. He is in 7th class now, may be after 2 yrs he will become more matured and serious. Guide him, show him various career options. Please have open communication with him. All the best.