I have planter fasitus from past 3 week. I took the sonic brush treatment but though initially the pain was reduced but still now and then the pain remains. Though some time the pain is bearable but some time not. Kindly suggest how to cure it. Also do's and don'ts. Also should I avoid certain type of foods?
For plantar fascitis treatment mostly is conservative and lifestyle modifications to achieve maximum functionality with minimum pain.
Follow these lifestyle changes religiously to get benefit.
1. Reduce body weight as obesity will aggravate the stress on heel.
2. Avoid exercises like running / walking on hard surfaces. Stop such activities when you start developing pain.
3. Roll your feet on bottle of cold water for 20 mins 4 times a day or can apply ice pack.
4. Use shoes with silicone sole inserts.
5. Do calf muscle and heel stretches daily.
6. Avoid prolonged standing or sitting.
7. Use night splint to keep foot flexed at night. Stop using it once pain is relieved.
8. Use analgesics like Ibuprofen for decreasing pain and inflammation.
With proper lifestyle changes as above
90 % patients have relief and functionality. Only 10% patients would require surgical intervention like plantar fascia release or gastrocnemius recession.
For further queries consult again.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.