Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi.
You have mentioned pain
in lower back region as your main problem. You are actually very young to have persistent pain. If there is only localized pain in back region with no other associated symptoms like radiating pain, numbness
, paresthesias etc, and no systemic symptoms like fever
, loss of appetite, loss of weight etc, my advice to you for initial 2-3 weeks will be: - to maintain proper posture of your back while working and sleeping
- if pain is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication like tab etoshine
or even tab paracetamol
which suits you
- intensive physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist
and then to continue at home
- adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body
- ice packs can applied 3-4 times in a day
- analgesic spray for local application like dynapar
qps spray can be used and is easily available.
- avoid lifting heavyweight/ acute forward bending in mornings etc in case you are having back pain
. If there is no improvement in 2-3 weeks with this conservative management, we will need to evaluate you further in form of dynamic x rays to look for any instability as a cause for pain and some blood investigations to rule out any deficiencies etc. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.