Hi doctor. I am a 23 year old boy. Whenever I speak, I tend to spit on the listener. This embarrasses me and makes me avoid direct communication or makes me cover my mouth when I speak. I had braces as a teenager. What can I do to avoid the spitting?

Hi doctor. I am a 23 year old boy. Whenever I speak, I te...
It's the habit you have formed while speaking train your self by talking aloud in front of a mirror.
Although excessive saliva is not too common, there are a number of conditions that can cause it - some harmless, others more serious. It is possible that your saliva problems are just a result of the way you speak. Some people speak faster or slower than others, just as some people blink more often, breathe faster, or have a more rapid heartbeat. This may just be what's normal for you. Since it is negatively affecting your life, I suggest your problem can be ignored. However there are medical conditions that causes excessive salivation injection glycopyrrolate reduces secretions in the mouth, throat, airway, and stomach.