40 years experience
Ask Free Question
Dengu virus is transmitted by infected female aedes aegypti mosquito. Incubation period is 3-10 days. Most patients recover. Few patients can develop fatal complication like dhf (dengue hemorrhagic fever)/dss (dengue shock syndrome)
1. Sudden high fever, severe headache
2. Severe bone and joint pain, pain behind eyes
3. Fatigue, nausea and vomiting, pain abdomen, loss of appetite
4. Skin rash may appear 2-5 days after fever
5. Blood platelet count is low and dengue antigen test (ns1) is positive
1. Take anti mosquito measures like use of mosquito net, mosquito repellent,
2. Spraying of insecticides in surrounding and keep it free from vegetation,
3. Wearing full sleeve shirts in the evening,
4. Discarding empty containers for collection of water and promoting mosquito breeding
if you are suffering from dengue, take one tablet of paracetamol 500mg 2-3 times daily after food, drink plenty of water and take rest. Monitor blood platelet and if it is falling down and you develop skin rashes with bleeding episodes like bleeding from gum, nose etc consult doctor immediately.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.