I am 54 years old person. I have sugar problem. I take tab glymed m three tab. Per day as per the advise of my family doctor, my present sugar is near about 370. What is the solution to reduce my sugar and shall I continue above tab. Or may I change it, pl, advise me.

Your sugar is very dangerous < check fbs, 2 hr ppbs and hba1c and let me know. Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow. 1) the description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice. 2) your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (for example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors) 3) it is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to. 4) for personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. it is not as easy task to control blood sugar in the desired normal range. Whatever we eat is metabolised to sugar in the body to provide energy for our daily activities. For the absolute control, one has to monitor his / her blood sugar at regular intervals (self-monitoring of blood glucose? smbg). Though difficult, this can be done by a glucometer and keep a record. Get an idea of fasting sugar (fbs) and 2 hours after food (ppbs) and check before dinner and after every major food. The basic idea is to reduce the food intake to 1/3 of what you take now. The dictum of sugar control is diet, exercise, diet + medicine and at later stage medicine+ insulin will be needed. For sugar control there is the need for regular advice and follow up. Just one time consultation or advice is not enough to guide a diabetic in scientifically & medically correct manner. For giving you regular follow up you ask me privately with all details like your daily eating pattern and medicines you take. I assure you a proper guidance. If you keep in touch.