6 years experience
Ask Free Question
Causes of Insomnia:
• stress • Anxiety
• Depression • Pain • irregular schedule of sleep such as sleeping during day time & working during nights.
• Excess intake of alcohol, caffeine (tea, coffee)
• Due to drugs, Due to high blood pressure.
• Aging These are some instructions & methods for good sleep:
• Frequent oil massage of head with oil relax your mind and enhances sleep. You can also do foot massage daily it destress you.
• Do not take stress. Do meditation and long breathing pranayams to relax the mind.
• Do not take caffeine, tea & alcohol in excess and these are stimulant,(activate) your brain result in lack of sleep.
• Avoid drinking alcohol & smoking.
• Avoid sleep during day time as it makes it harder to fall asleep at night. •Try to sleep early at night. Do not think during sleep.
Do exercise and long walk daily.
• Avoid to take sleeping pills because these are habit forming drugs and these drugs disturb your normal sleep pattern.
• Take a bowl of curd daily in afternoon and one glass of milk at night daily.
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), DYA (DIPLOMA IN YOG & AYURVED), D.I.H.M (DIPLOMA IN INDUSTRIAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT)
8 years experience
Ask Free Question
1) massage with stress relief oil or warm coconut oil to head, neck, and ears.
2) pour 3-4 drops of warm pure cow ghee in both nostrils in head low position at night.
Consult after 2 days.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.