5 years experience
Ask Free Question
Hello lybrate-user. Let me enumerate the diet necessary for healthy eyes.
(1) green leafy vegetables including spinach, sprouts, cabbage, beetroot.
(2) fruits-blue-berries, black-berries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, grapes, pineapple, pomegranate, grapes, guava.
(3) dry-fruits: almonds, walnuts, apricots, dates. (4) cereals: oats, barley, millets.
(5) drink a cup of green tea daily.
(6) drink a glass of milk daily.
The basic essence to healthy eyes is in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In addition to a proper diet, a proper posture and proper sleep patterns are essential. Also, addiction to tobacco and smoking tends to harm the eyes in a bad manner. These should be refrained. Thus, maintain a diet rich in antioxidants. These substances are present in good proportions in the previously mentioned list. Hope my suggestions helped you.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Weak Eyes treatment