I'm 49 yr. Old. Had hysterectomy 11 months back. I want to know what drink I take to detoxify me. And what diet I should follow to loose weight. I don't eat oily food because I have severe acidity. Pl help.
M.sc dietitics and food service management, Diabetes educator
2 years experience
Ask Free Question
You should go for brisk walk in the morning. Do regular exercise. Take lukewarm water with lemon in the morning. Take sprouts and fruits. Take salad before meals. Don't use rice at night. Take frequent meals instead of 3 big meals.
5 years experience
Ask Free Question
Hi lybrate-user incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- if you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- don't delay or skip meals.
- cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Acidity treatment