12 years experience
Ask Free Question
Pay close attention to your food choice.
· Eat less carbohydrate food sources like chapatti, rice, noodles, pasta, bread etc as they help in gaining weight and storing fat.
· While having lunch or dinner eat vegetables and dal to fill your stomach rather eating lots of chapattis or rice.
· Have a healthy breakfast like poha, idli, upma, plain dosa, oats, dalia or khichdi with vegetables.
· Eat a balance diet including good quality proteins like: fish, lean chicken and eggs. If you are a vegetarian then include skimmed milk, low fat paneer, butter milk, soy bean or soy milk in your diet.
· Avoid ghee, butter or vanaspati. Prepare your diet with vegetable oil like sunflower, safflower soybean or olive oil.
· Eat plenty of salads.
· Eat fresh fruits including apple, orange, pineapple, papaya, sweet lime, berries, guava, watermelon, mask melon etc.
· Avoid eating outside junk and fried foods like pizza, pasta, roll, burgers, cakes, chocolates and cookies.
· Have an early dinner. The earlier the better, giving your system more time to digest the food.
· Avoid cold drinks/alcohol as they add empty calories to your diet.
· Avoid fat enriched milk products like cheese, sweets, full fat cream etc.
· Drink 3 liters of water in a day.
· Try to have less sugar in food and beverages.
· Try to drink 2 cups of green tea in a day as green tea helps in weight loss by aiding digestion.
· Avoid red meat like mutton, beef, lamb or pork.
· Eat sprouts or roasted chana, whenever you feel hungry.
3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for High Blood Pressure treatment