Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Sir, my father addicted in alcohol for many years, he became most violent after alcohol consumption. One year before he got treatment from drug addiction centre. But no use, he drink even more. Is he became mental. Can we took him to mental hospital. Please suggest sir, any diagnosis.

2 Doctors Answered
Admission to mental hospital is not a treatment. He needs multidisciplinary approach. He needs a gud psychiatric and psychological care. He needs to be motivated. Please consult some psychiatrist.
1 person found this helpful
Homoeopathy medicines make him to dislike the taste of alcohol. Homoeopathy medicines along with counseling needed.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.