PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
4 years experience
Ask Free Question
Hi to increase weight you should improve your digestive system. By digesting your indigested food with the help of remedy and medicines will ultimately increase your appetite and digestive system. Take chitrakadi vati after meal. Take ashwagandha churna with water twice a day. Take banana milk shake.
Take sleep after taking meal
drink lots of milk and eat lots of milk products. Like butter. Ghee.
DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
26 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Protein is the key for the muscle building. Without adequate protein, muscle gain and growth is not possible because weight training demands for amino acids (which comes from protein).
You should daily eat about 2.2g of protein per kilogram of your weight. For example, if you are 50kg, then you should eat 50x2.2=111g of protein spread over 5-6 meals in the day. Include high protein foods in your diet. Your protein intake should be from foods rather than from supplements.
Good protein foods: beans, soybeans, whey, fish, dairy products (low fat variety), meats, nuts and seeds (almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds), peanut butter. Many of these are easy digestible foods.
Milk is one of the best muscle foods.
The milk contains two high quality proteins, about 80 percent whey and 20 percent casein. Whey is quickly broken down into amino acids and absorbed into the bloodstream. Whey is very good to consume after workout. Casein is digested more slowly and provides the body with a steady supply of protein for a longer period of time.
Cheese is concentrated milk, so it is high in protein and calcium, fat and cholesterol.
Include healthy skim yogurt in your diet, which can give you as much as 120 calories.-----------
2. Eat custard apple (saripa, sitaphal) to put on some weight. This fruit is high in calorie.-------------
3. Healthy fats: avoid fatty foods. Most mothers, especially in india give too much ghee or butter to their children, thinking they will put flesh fast. But ghee is mostly saturated fat which is not a healthy fat for any body. Healthy fats are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids.
Good fats: cold pressed oils (olive, sunflower, linseed, canola).----------
4. Drink pure fruit juice. It is full of sugar and added nutrients so it is a healthy and nutritious way to gain some pounds.-----------
5. Complex carbohydrates are also needed for gaining weight. Corn bread is also full of carbohydrates, one piece gives approximately 328 calories.
Potatoes are rich sources of carbohydrates and complex sugars, eat baked or as grilled potatoes.
Pasta is a calorie rich cereal carbohydrates.-----------
6. Eat bananas. These are rich in carbs and nutritious, one banana contains approximately 100 calories.----------
7. Some people think that drinking beer helps, but it is not true, it accumulates in your abdomen, making it fatty.----------
8. Don't take protein supplements for gaining muscles. ------------------------
9. Non vegetarian foods---------
some of the non-vegetarian foods that help increase weight are given below:----
1. Red meat ------
2. Pork, ------
3. Fish: eat two portions of salmon, or tuna every day.-------
4. Shrimps: the nutrients and necessary acid content present in shrimps gives healthy calories.-
5. Chicken breast chicken breast, is supposed to be the healthiest and non-fat part which has approximately 78 calories for each serving.--------
whole eggs: eggs are loaded with protein, vitamins a, d and e.------
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.