12 days ago, I discovered my sugar was 127/248 fasting and random. Doctor put me on medication metformin 500 mg. Is it possible to reverse the condition and stop medication?

12 days ago, I discovered my sugar was 127/248 fasting an...
Dear lybrate user, one of the major nutritional substance required for human body is carbohydrate. We take carbohydrate in the form of rice, wheat, sugar etc. The complex molecules of carbohydrate are broken down into simple glucose molecules during digestion & released in the blood stream to be absorbed by the muscle cells. Insulin hormone plays a vital role in the absorption of the glucose molecules by the muscle cells. In abnormal conditions, either due to less production of insulin or due to resistance to insulin, the process of absorption of glucose by the muscles comes to a stand still. The glucose molecules remains in the blood stream which results in the increase in the blood sugar level. This abnormal condition is clinically known as diabetes mellitus. Once you are diagnosed with diabetes you have to take regular medicine to keep your blood sugar level within normal limits. Also you need to walk at least 1 hour daily without any interval. Also you need to take a low carbohydrate rich diet. However you won't need medicine if you can control your random blood sugar below 200.
Once established then diabetes is difficult to reverse. Yes but weight loss, proper diet and regular exercise can help to control blood sugars in initial period without medication. Life style modification is very important.